Monday, June 18, 2012

Catch up time.

Frankenstein tortillas. 



Folded CanTexMex cheeseburger quesadilla.


Stacked cheeseburger quesadilla.


I still miss the ears sticking up in this type of pic.


Mrs. Slate found this abandoned baby weasel on her patio.


Say aawww.


First accidental catch of a small mouth. The season doesn't open 'till next Saturday, so back he went.






Grasshopper got this pic of a Luna moth @ Frasertown.


Last night we went to Chez Fowler's for Father's day supper. We drove from Frasertown and found this turtle laying eggs on the causeway at Indian Lake.


Smaller than ...


...the last one.




Attending were Jose, Jocelyn, Grasshopper, Sir Ed, Mary, Sandy, and Bryan.





Some days you just can't get everybody looking at the camera.


On the way back we found that something had gotten into the turtle nests and ate the eggs.


Woodcock on the road, in the dark.


Goldfinch at Frasertown.


OK, it's time for another Frankenstein bed time story. So, last night around 1:30 I wake up to a big racket coming from the deck. I'm thinking that a raccoon got in and is after the bird seed. I turn on the light and I don't see any thing on the deck, but some thing is under the deck. It's raining hard and windy and the door has condensation on it and I can't see much. Eventually the flash light picks up a bear, now checking out the fire pit. I yell at it and it eventually runs off on three legs. I can't tell if the right hind leg is missing or injured, but it never touched the ground.

This is where it tried to get into the deck. Obviously not smarter than the average bear.



So then all gets quiet and I go back to bed. But it's not too long before there is another racket and I get up and turn on the kitchen light just to stare eye to eye with the bear trying to crawl through the window. I yelled again and off he went and all was quiet for the rest of the night. You don't have to worry about me though, Grasshopper is back from her house sitting job and I'm sure that I can run faster than her, especially if I trip her.


The bear left us a present.


Today's funny.


.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

isn't it nice how a daughter can read her father's blog and feel so reassured that he's perfectly fine living out in the middle of nowhere? now i never have to worry. whew.