Saturday, March 20, 2010

With winter's untimely passing, there was one more thing to mourn. Some might call it the past timely passing of my old military parka. I have worn this coat pretty much every day of every winter since 1992. There was nothing left to sew a patch on to, or so I was told by Grasshopper.



Good bye old friend.



So, here's a pic of my new parka, just in case you don't recognize me next winter.



We have had a bunch of moths here already, and yesterday I heard, and then saw one lone goose. For the past week we have had temps in the double digits, except for today we are relapsing.

4 comments:

Melinda and Timothy Brown said...

1992? and your cashing it in? already? lots of winter left up here, still double digits on the minus side just ask Aldo. oh and as you've pointed out to me on numeruos occasions, yer lookin' a little old yerself big brudder!

Anonymous said...

Can u believe it? And he blamed it on me!

The camera lens can be cruel. Blast the photographer-that's what I say!

GH

Anonymous said...

I know what you are going through I feel the pain. My condolences on your loss.
Mike

the Mailman Family said...

I think you got your moneys worth out of that coat - and trust me, just 'cause we can sew, we still need a little healthy fabric to sew to . . . Gary sometimes thinks I can do magic with the sewing machine . . . Your new parka is very spiffy :D