Saturday, December 23, 2017

It's been a while. I've been posting updates on Facebook lately. I find it a lot easier, and faster working with the tablet. For this blog I have to unload cameras to the laptop, go thru all of the pictures and resize them 'cause google wants money from me to post full size pictures, save them to a different folder and then, finally upload. Typically I spend any where from one to two hours per blog. So, I'm thinking about only posting on Facebook. Let me know in the comments how you feel about this. 

A couple of weeks ago we met 2 curb jumping AWD SUVs on the Brule road. They didn't think that they were ruining the roads for other people's use, and they didn't care if they did. We had to drive thru puddles that they broke the ice on. As you can see the suspension and idler wheels were frozen solid in muck. It took a whole afternoon to defrost with a propane heater and chip away the ice.





We have had so little sun this year, especially this fall that I can't help taking pictures of it.




First tentative steps on the ice on the 11th.



Sun up.


Sun down.



Breakfast.


First walk along the shore line.


Frost on the lake.


Marked the water pump on the 16th.


On the 17th we walked to Bedrock.



The pointy end.


Lookin' thru the narrows.


Bill's point.



We put in the tree line on the 18th.


This herc circled me a bunch of times.



We went to town to see grandsons Floyd and



Nova's school Christmas concerts.



So, let me know if you would like getting teased a little bit every day on Facebook or wait and get a bigger load, once in a while.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm all for Facebook! Little bits each day works for me - I totally enjoy that! <3

Anonymous said...

The blog is better for myself as I don’t have Facebook. Great posts!
Chris

Anonymous said...

what ever is easiest for you bro , i love the pic , some times i do worry when i don't see any blog up dates, as i check it everyday .
mike

Olympic Peninsula said...

Hell, why not start tweeting too.

I like your blog.

Itchie Bitchie Ritchie said...

I like the bog too Frank. It's a good way for us "No Show'ers" to keep up in a dump. Although I can imagine the extra work for the post sucks. Do what's best for you bud! Just let us "Wish we were there" folks know where to find you! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and heading into a Great New Year! Cheers, Ritchie.

Joseph W. Brown said...

We have no access to FaceBook, so would appreciate blog posts.