Tuesday, February 10, 2015

First of all I would like to congratulate my very bestest friend,                      , who won $1,000,000 on the encore. If he/she can send me a text, we'll have coffee. :D

Full moon shot thru the window, last Tuesday. 

 
Last Wednesday my personal shopper went to town. 



You might wonder why it always seems that Grasshopper goes to town when the weather is bad. Who wants to waste a nice day in there? Although today is a really nice and Cat and Kat have gone in today, their loss.


Thursday morning stare down.  He stood like this for about five minutes.



Friday. 


So, in past years after we go ice fishing I would drill a hole and put the left over minnows in a minnow trap to keep them alive. It was always a pain to cover them up with Styrofoam and tarps that would freeze on the ice. I thought that a quinzee would be a good idea, so this year we built one.


Not a lot of ice this year, and it kind of mushy.


Covered the hole.


Marked the center.


My personal shopper is not just a one trick pony.


Is that enough?


We left it to sit over night.


Saturday. 

Tools of the trade. I finally get to use the snow saw that I have had for years.


You use the tarp to drag out yer snow.


There's the center.


Warm enough that my glasses fogged up.


Lookin' out.


The hole was completely unfrozen.


I covered the door with a tarp and some snow.


I put driveway markers around so that some dumb-ass wouldn't run into it.


Lately we have had four whiskey jacks around, but we can't seem to get all four in one shot.


How many pieces of kibble can they take? The most that I have seen is five.


"Her" leg has finally fallen off at the knee. You can see the stump in the red circles.



On Sunday we went fishing. It started off kind of nasty, weather wise, probably why we had some no shows. But, we were set up just around Bill's point where it was calm.



Grasshopper had a nice fire on the go.


Remember when going ice fishing meant a hand auger, a couple of tip ups, a thermos of coffee, and a frozen PBJ sandwich?


It got slushy in the afternoon.


Mrs. Slate found a warm spot to cook her dog.


A fall back shore lunch.



The afternoon turned out really nice and warm where we were.



Feeding chickens. That's Mrs. Penny in front. I tried to show her broken ruff, but the camera had a hard time focusing.




Har, har.


For some reason, I feel like having a beer.


I would still be working at Nasty Puke if my job was this much fun. 


Rock on dude! >:) 


Yup.


Remember that?


Too bad that you can't fry engineers.


Yeah, what he said.


For Norman.


Snicker.


1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Ok your quinzee is pretty darn nice! Life at Little Tomiko looks like a lot of fun, even for one who is not that fussy on snow!