Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The customary sunrise shot.



Grasshopper has gone to town today. You might think that this would be a day off for me. You would be wrong. This is what happened last Wednesday when she went to town.

There she goes.


First, a load of laundry.


Then it was molasses oatmeal bread.





Then it was home made baked beans, simmered all day on the wood stove. 



Here she comes home after a day of playing around all day in town with her little friends.


I guess it's up to me to unload the sleigh. Yeah... I know... I ask myself the same question. Why? Why? Why?


Supper fit for a Grasshopper.






Did you know that if you hooked your propane up backwards that you could turn your BBQ into an ice maker? You learn to adapt on Little Tomiko and can always figure out a way to Frankenstein what ever you need. 


We put in the tree line to Bedrock on Sunday. You might wonder why we go through all that trouble for only a kilometer.  If you get a snow storm and or fog you can not see a thing out there in the dark. We do not have street or lake lights. We did get turned around one night, even with the trees. We missed the first tree and wandered around for a half hour until we found two trees in a row. We now put the trees closer together. 


No, we don't have this much snow. And no, it's not that funny, Jose.

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Just wondering if you can mail me some of that delicious bread - try as I might, even using your recipe, my bread never turns out as big and boofie as yours! (And Grasshopper is indeed very lucky to have you slaving away at home while she is off playing!)